Today we’re handing over to local and lovely Toby and Alex to tell us about their amazing Sussex based pie company. If you’re after some tasty treats for your Sussex wedding read on!
There are a lot of pies out there these days but few have that home cooked feel about them, with our thick suet crust pastry, fresh vegetables and top quality local Sussex meat & game, Humble Pies are the real deal; how we think a home cooked pie should taste.
Toby & Alex started working together in 2009 as Alex took the Head Chef’s position at Toby’s restaurant in the heart of the Sussex Countryside. A good friendship was born and also a real passion for the Great British tradition of pie!
After selling the restaurant in 2011 Humble Pie was born and we embarked on a mission to create pies using only the most local, fresh ingredients from the Sussex countryside. All the meat is Organic and sourced from the doorsteps of our kitchen at Holmansbridge Farm near Lewes.
Over the last few years we have travelled the country catering events, weddings, festivals, street fairs, super clubs, corporate events & celebrations.
We only make our pies using the best seasonal ingredients from the Sussex countryside and as the seasons change so do our pies. We create an amazing range of scotch eggs, sausage rolls, arancini, stuffed sourdoughs & humble crumbles.
For more information about our products, menu ideas or any other pieformation please check out our website: https://www.thehumblepie.co.uk/
Humble Weddings and Special Events
Whatever the event may be, we enable you to do it your way. We find it’s so much easier to just say YES!
Many years of restaurant and catering experience means we have put together a great team of qualified staff both efficient & friendly.
- Menu Planning
- Venue Liaison
- Sourcing Locations
- Trained & Professional staff
- Bar Service
- Equipment Hire, including vintage plates
- and more…
We can serve our delicious pies with our creamy mash, mushy peas and glorious gravy at your wedding. We can set up our pie bar anywhere, field, garden, beach or barn. It’s the perfect feast to ensure that your event is a huge success.
We can also supply anything from hog roasts and barbeques to canapes and champagne… Whatever your requirements, please get in touch and we can discuss all your culinary needs.
Fully Licenced, we are able to run bespoke cocktail bars as well as serving wine in the sunshine!
Sample Wedding Breakfast Menu:
A selection of 5 per head
- Beef ragout stuffed courgettes
- Beetroot & goat’s cheese crostini
- Pan fried chorizo with manchego or manchego with homemade quince jam
- Butternut squash with serrano sage and garlic
- Wild mushroom biscuit with mushroom duxelle and creme fraiche
- Homemade falafels with tahini sauce
- Hot smoked salmon, fresh horseradish & watercress
- Braised octopus tentacle with lemon aioli
Humble Tapas & Starters
Served on table platters to share, choice of 4 per head
- World famous Scotch eggs with homemade piccalilli
- Black pudding sausage rolls
- Samphire bhajis
- Tuna tartare on toasted sourdough
- Potted baba ghanoush with paprika
- Ham hock, mustard & parsley terrine
- Mackerel & prawn burgers
- Bruschetta of Portland crab, chilli garlic & parsley
The Humble pies of course!
A range of our pies of joy all served with creamy mash, mushy peas, roasted shallots & glorious gravy
- Eton Mess with fresh strawberries & mint
- Hot salt caramel & chocolate brownies
- Sussex toffee apple crumble
- Lemon syllabub with crumble, basil & pinenuts
- Mojito Sorbet with Havana Club rum, fresh lime & mint
- Olive oil & pistachio cake with raspberries and macerated strawberries.
Click here! To see our full menu on the website.
This is what the couples said:
“My Husband and I were so happy with the service we received from The Humble Pie Company and are incredibly happy we chose them as our wedding caterers.”
– Bex & Adam
“Every single person said it was the best wedding they had ever attended and that the food was out of this world! Everything from canapés, starters, pies to the bar was incredible!”
-Elise & Liam
“Bottom line, our Wedding day was made extra special because of you. From the hours of planning months before through to dishing up on the big day, you always had everything under control. As anyone getting married will tell you, peace of mind is so important, and that’s what you gave us. Months on, guests are genuinely still talking about the wedding food – true pies of joy!”
-Emily and Michael
We would love to hear from you. Please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Toby for a chat on 07946 508391.